Monday, January 5, 2009

LIFE : SCHOOLDAY


Today, School open again after a long break. I take one day off to settle my kids school needs. Paying their school fees and buying books. I have two kids one in primary and the other one in secondary school.So my daily routine start again as usual, sending them to school every morning with my neighbour kids. My neighbour and me agreed to make an arrangement that I send them in the morning and he will fetch the kids after school. By doing this both of us can safe for a bus fare. If we make a comparison between today and those days in our schooling time, it's totally difference. We were more independence. My daily routine started as early as 5.00am. Everything had to be done by our self from iron a school uniform, washing our own school shoes even to prepare our own breakfast. Normally for breakfast we took a cup of hot Milo [ chocolate drink] and a toast bread with jam or butter. Then I had to wait for a school bus with my sisters. My school was located about 45km from my house so I had to go to school as early as 6.00 am. It's took 1 1/2 hour to reach my school. It was still dark and most of us would slept inside the bus till we reach our school. My parent gave me 20 cent for pocket money everyday. With 20 cent in my pocket I could buy a plate of fried nooddle, a glass of lemonde and a sweet for my recess time. It was in 1969, 40 years ago.........

2 comments:

bukan orang pinkish said...

pak tam sekola mana?jauhnye 45km..

Anonymous said...

Jauh, Dari Kampung musa,yang terletak dipertengahan jalan antara Tanjung Karang nak ke Kuala Lumpur. Sekolah Pak tam pula terletak di Kampung Kuantan Kuala Selangor. Mak ct dan pak tam bangun awal untuk kesekolah. Ct boleh tanya mak ct. Kami naik bas sekolah aner India. Mak ct pasti ingat.