Monday, January 19, 2009

LIFE : NEVER GIVE UP


I had always wanted to join a world's food company since I was in secondary school. My impression on Nestle is a fun and caring company that provides good benefits and good foods. After my SPM result, I immediately sent my application unfortunately I didn't received any reply from Nestle. Might be I was too young to join Nestle at that time. So I pursue my study at ITM Shah Alam and took Hotel and Catering Management in order to equip my self with food knowledge. I graduated in 1986, Once again I applied Nestle and I was lucky this time around I was called for an interview. Since that was my first interview after graduated, I wasn't really prepared and lack of experience in answering question during interview. I thought I had given the best answer unfortunately my interview was not successful again. I never gave up and join sales line in other company in order to gain some experience.

One day seven years later, I tried again and walk in Nestle Penang Branch, met Tuan Haji Mustaffa Penang Regional Sale manager. He asked my to write a letter and would called if there was any vacancy in Penang Branch. Six month down the road, there was still no answer from Nestle. I almost given up, until one day I received a phone call from Miss Vivian Tan asking me whether I still interested to join Nestle. I said yes. Then she asked to come for an interview. This time around I was confident and prayed to god that I got that job.

I answered all the question confidently and still could remembered one of the interview panel asked my what was my strength and I replied that I can easily mixed around with all types of people. I was happy then to know that my interview was successful and I reported for duty on 1 July 1997, two week before my birthday. Alhamdullillah and I always keep this word in my mind , never give up and life is not a fairy tale.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u should have taken DICM instead of DHCM...

Putra Bertam said...

Actually they offered my Chef Training but i choose Managemant coz it cover every subject.