Monday, April 6, 2009

LIFE : DO I LOOK TOO OLD?



Something funny happen to me this morning. I went to Seberang Jaya hospital with my daughter for her an appointment with Orthopedic doctor. I walked to the registration desk to get number to see the doctor suddenly the registration officer asked me " Sir, Who's Fatimah Azzaharah, it's your wife? " and I answered " no. My daughter". He asked me again " how old is she?" "eight" I said. "OK and can you bring me a letter from her school or you can use your pension card for the next appointment" The Front desk officer said. I just looked at him without saying anything. Then I went to the restroom looking at the mirror and talked to myself " Do I look so old because of the white hair and the officer who talked to me could be 6 to 7 year older than me"." Let it be "I said it in my heart.

After waiting for a few minute my daughter's name was called and the nurse took us to the doctor's room. Doctor examined my daughter's arm and check her Xray report. Everything was ok and she can go to school tomorrow but I requested for another one week medical leave so that she really fit to go to school by cycling. On my way back home I talked to myself again " Just because there are a lot of white hairs grow on my head and beard so he thinks that I am a pensioner or may be I am an old man wearing a white Collar T-shirt with a loose Levi's Jean." Funny...............

No comments: