Friday, November 20, 2009

LIFE : TELEVISION..............


Everything in this world has its good and bad points. Television is no exception. However I do not agree with the statement " Television does more harm than good"' On the contrary I think television has more benefits than harm for us.


I, for one have learned and am still learning many things via the television. Through the many programmes I learned much about this earth- its many countries, climates, animals and other things. The images that television brings right to my living room are highly informative. In other words, television keeps me well-informed about things going on in the world.


another important benefit of television is its entertainment value. My family and i have spent many hours being entertained by the best entertainers from around the world, all in the comfort of home. I am a sport fan and watching a sporting event on television is one of the most enjoyable things to me.


As far as I can see, the only instance when television may do harm is when the viewer sits in front of it for long hours at the expense of other things. This is when he or she becomes addicted to watching television. I have heard about such cases, but I am not one of them. As for me, television is certainly a good thing, it does me no harm and I do not think it ever will.

No comments: