Thursday, November 5, 2009

LIFE : DIGNITY OR EGO


Lately most of my words that I write on my facebook more toward to express my feeling. The feeling of frustrated, happiness and sadness that I would like to share it with all my closer friends. As a normal human being we can't run from the reality that it's a part of human life. As I said " Telling the truth is bitter and telling lie is something sweet".


Why do human lie? Are they lie because of afraid to tell the truth or to hide something that they have done wrong. Why can't human telling the truth if they have done something wrong or admits that they have made a mistake? Some of the human lie to protect their dignity and ego.



When I was a student at the ITM, one of the subject that I learned was costing. Costing involved in graph and chart, so when you wanted to turn it into graph. You had to calculate with a special formula to get break even. This subject was taught by a young lady lecturer who just graduated from one of America's University. She wrote a figure on the white board that need to be turned it into a graph but I noticed she made a mistake in calculation and the line wouldn't meet the break even. I told her that the line wouldn't meet the break even because of wrong calculation but she ignored it and asked all the students to write it inside their note book.


Since I knew it was wrong, I refused to write it. She walked to my table and asked " Why are you not writing ? " I told her " your calculation is wrong." Then she walked away without saying anything. She only admits her mistake two week later. My question is, is it hard to say" sorry I make a mistake" or she might think that she knew everything and " Don't try to teach me ". In other word " who are you ? who want to teach me". That what we call human..............

No comments: