Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LIFE : MY BELOVED FATHER DATUK ANDIKA


Last Sunday morning I received a greeting message through sms by one of my friends from Kuala Lumpur. She wish me Happy Father's Day. Actually I didn't know until I received that sms. I just smile and said thank you for the message in my heart. I was born and brought up in very traditional family with full of Adat Perpatih. My father is a chieftain from one of the Adat Perpatih clans with a title of Datuk Andika. Anything that pretending Adat Perpatih in wedding, land transfer and family matter has to refer to my father. Before he was elected to be a chieftain, he was a very discipline, in detail and strict policeman. Emphasize in education and willing to spend any amount of money for my brothers and sisters education even though he had to borrow from one of his trusted friend. Never say no to our request. There are no other ways to repay my father good deeds except by showing our true love toward him. I still remember his quote until now as below.


" I am not born from a rich family. I don't have any lands, estates and properties to be given to you all when I already pass away. The only things that I can afford to give is education and please use it to make you rich but never or don't forget your root and where you are came from."


I think it's still not too late to wish Happy Father's Day to my beloved father. I always pray to The Mighty God for your good health and I wish that I can take care of you until your last day in this world. Thanks Pa and I love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reminds me of my late father and i miss him so much....