Sunday, May 10, 2009

LIFE : TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED


OAJ called me last Friday about 10 pm. He really needs my help to send his Penang's map that he lefts in the office. Its so urgent because he needs it for his meeting on Monday at Nestle Northern Office. So both of us made an arrangement to meet at some where in Penang Island. So I sent it yesterday at Gurney Plaza. I drove my car to the multi storey parking lots for my convenient at the Plaza and lucky enough to get a parking space just near to the main entrance of the shopping mall. While waiting for his call I did some window shopping at the Plaza. My favourite place was a book store to find some book about English Grammar to correct my English usage. I went to enrichment home shelf and I saw a row of English Grammar's book. I checked it one by one and tried to get something that I could afforded to buy. Of course those were imported books were expensive. I checked the price but most of the books were above fifty Ringgit. At last I found a book that published by a local writer. I bought two books under title " Understanding Basic English Grammar" and " Correct English Grammar" its cost me only fourteen Ringgit and eighty cent. Suddenly my hand phone rang and it was OAJ waiting me at the front of Plaza to collect his map. I rushed to the parking payment machine and I had to pay three ringgit for a parking space that less than an hour, no wander, most of the visitors were parking the cars along the main road but they have to face a risk to be fine by a Traffic Police. I think Penangties are getting used of paying fine and may be they are rich people whose can afford to pay for it but to me why should I face a risk by paying fine just to save a few ringgit. In other word may be they are not bother or take things for granted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buy the English Grammar by Betty Azar (blue colour) quite thick and very good and useful.We use that in itm before,even your ids can benefits from the book,easy to understand too...