Saturday, February 16, 2013

LIFE : TRIP TO JAKARTA DAY 2

Jan 24,2013. First day in Jakarta. Due to time different factor I almost late for my shalat fajar. I thought it still early to perform shalat base on 6am in Jakarta time but when I pull up my room  curtain and noticed that the sun had  arise. Immediately I took ablution and did my shalat Fajar. Now I had to set my watch to Jakarta time so that I would not miss the time again. I look at my hotel room window the traffic flow was less due to Public Holiday in Jakarta. I need to plan my time in Jakarta. Pak Rashid still in Malaysia to wait for his flight to Jakarta and he told me that once the plane arrive in Jakarta he will proceed to his house in Bogor. He will meet me tomorrow at the hotel lobby. He advised my to visit the nearest place surrounding the hotel or get some information from the hotel receptionist. After took my simple breakfast at the hotel cafe I just walked around and start talking with the staff to get best direction places to visit in Jakarta. Then I walked to the information stand and pick up the free Jakarta map for me to study the distance of good places to visit. Back to my room and explore every detail stated in the map. Conclusion I could not move without a person who really know about Jakarta so just stayed in the room and wait for tomorrow. It almost 5pm my stomach started to give a sign that I need something to eat. My Jakarta friend advised me not to take any street food for a time being specially after the flood and to be safe just took a fast food in any international fast food restaurant chain.
 
I walked out from the hotel and  walked a few meter and surprised to see that Plaza Bolk M was just a few block  from my hotel. According to the map Blok M plaza is located a few kilometer from the Jalan panglima Polim. Then I told to myself next time don't trust the map and follow my instinct. I was not interested to visit the shopping complex but I had to buy something for my dinner. At the main entrance of the shopping complex I saw visitors were queue to be checked by the security officer before allowed to enter the complex.The security Officer had to check every single bags carried by the  visitors. This is my first time in my life to see a security Officer waiting in front of the shopping complex to screen every visitor. OK, this is Jakarta. I went to the basement floor and saw a rows of restaurant offering a varieties of local and international dishes. I walked straight to KFC and bought my food. Tonite my dinner will be a chicken burger. Walla.........
 
.By 9pm my stomach started to play kerongcong again. I'm Asian root and burger that I bought earlier  was just not enough to keep my stomach kept quiet. I check the room service menu and place an order of  Nasi Goreng with Hot lemon tea by  telephone. This would be my last meal of the day before went to bed. My mother always told me , it's not a good practise to eat and then go to the bed in full stomach. When your stomach started to kerongcong put aside the advise and enjoy the food......to be continued.

No comments: