Tuesday, February 12, 2013

LIFE : MY TRIP TO METROPOLITAN JAKARTA

As usual my trip to Jakarta was unplanned. It was an instant planning and immediately I purchased an Air Ticket to Jakarta with Malaysia Airline thru Internet and I was lucky enough to get a promotion ticket that only cost me RM414 return ticket from Kuala lumpur and Jakarta. I supposed to go there with my Malaysian friend Pak Rashid but he booked for next day ticket and it mean that I had to travel alone to Jakarta and met him on the next day. Pak Rashid was my neighbour but he married to an Indonesian wife, since he is not a permanence residence status and he have to renew his visa every three months. So he will spend three months in Indonesia then come back to Malaysia again before fly back to Jakarta to renew his visa in Malaysia. Each time he came back to Malaysia I always told him that one day I will follow him to Jakarta and want him to be my tourist guide in Jakarta. After so many years of saying that only on last January 23, 2013 with long combine holiday in Malaysia I managed to visit him in Jakarta and thanks God I was in Jakarta soil and ready to explore the real life of Jakarta after reading lots of news from Kompas,Jakarta Globe, Antara and Jakarta Post. I  gather all information from Pak Rashid things to do and don't rules that need to be followed once my Airplane touch Seokarno Hatta International Airport. Here are the few tips given by Pak Rashid.

  • 1. Don't be too friendly.
  • 2.Shut your mouth.
  • 3.Only ask a direction from uniform security or Airport personnel when you really need help.
  • 4. Trust to nobody except you know the guy well.
  • 5. When someone approach you and just say politely to the men and say that my friend is fetching me or di jemput in.
  • 6.Only take Damri or Blue bird taxi
  • 7.Don't let any one carry your bags or unknown person that willing to help you because it will cost you and you have to pay for unnecessary service.
  • 8. Don't worry I already arranged my best friend in Jakarta to fetch you and everything will be ok.

So just stick to that rules and you will be safe.................................to be continued.

No comments: