Thursday, February 14, 2013

LIFE : TRIP TO JAKARTA DAY 1

When I told my colleague that I'm going to visit Jakarta, most of them were telling me that " Do you know that Jakarta is flooding?" I told them " Yes,I knew about it but  I already bought air ticket that nonrefundable". One day before my journey to Jakarta, Pak Rashid wife phoned and told him that flood in Jakarta was receded and it safe to visit Jakarta. On 23 January 2013 after shalat fajar I asked one of my madrasah jamaah to send me to Penang International Airport for a flight from Penang to Kuala Lumpur with Airasia to Kuala Lumpur International Airport before proceed to Jakarta  Seokarno Hatta International Airport with Malaysia Airline System [MAS]. My flight departure at 9.55 Malaysian time and arrival at 10.55 Jakarta time. Jakarta time is late by one hour from Malaysia time and it was  two hours  flight. Before boarding the plane I phoned Aby, Pak Rashid friend in Jakarta to fetch me at the Airport. Once on the plane, pilot made an announcement, " this flight will be delayed for 20 minute due to bad weather forecast in Jakarta" The only things that I managed to do just pray for the best and safe journey to Jakarta.

After 20 minute delayed, Pilot made another an announcement it was ready to take off and please fasten your seat belt and have a pleasant journey to Jakarta with MAS. Alhamdullillah I safely landing after two hours flight to Seokarno Hatta International Airport. My flight arrival at 12.05 Jakarta time. I took my backpack and proceed to immigration check in counter for my passport arrival visa. Everything  accordingly as my planned without any hassle form Jakarta Immigration Officer. Immediately I sent short message to Pak Rashid to inform him that I safely landing in Jakarta and waiting for Aby to fetch me  at arrival hall main door. This was my first time to meet Aby  so I sms him and  gave him a clue that I was wearing a blue polo shirt with blue faded jean with black jacket for him to spot me. I told him I was standing at The Old Town White Coffee kopitiam just next to the arrival main door. So proud  to see  a Malaysian company cafe in Indonesia. For your Information, Malaysia  is one of main investor in Indonesia from Banking to agriculture business. Part of Contributor to Indonesia economy  as one of a biggest economy country in South East Asia and Asia.

It just took  a few minute for him to spot me with the clue given. Aby was a young man in 30ties and  working in HSBC Bank in Jakarta as a Relation Manager. A young man with a very fluent English speaking with Indonesian accent. He took me to his car and drove to Central Jakarta . Time show 12.30am,  less cars on the highway and he told me on normal day during working hour this highway  traffic flow will be horrible and jammed with cars. In this early morning It only took 45 minute to reach Central Jakarta but on normal working hours weekdays it took three hours  to reach same destination. On the way to Amaris Hotel in Jalan Panglima Poris, we talked about Politic, Corruption , Jakarta and exchange information about two countries Malaysia and Indonesia include sensitive issue lately been brought up by Indonesian Government toward Malaysian government. The conclusion  whose really brought up these all sensitive issue? Indonesian people, Politician or news  reporter. I told him, Malaysian don't even bother to react on this issue  because it  just a plots of some Indonesian Politician to gain support from Indonesian people  to get a politic mileage by using reporter on electronic media to bring up these issue to show of the patriotism. It just like a family matter between two brothers. Can someone denied the fact that Indonesia and Malaysia are coming from same root in term of culture? Specially those are coming from Minangkabau, Javaness, Bugis, Malay, Banjar and etc etc clans which are same roots in Indonesia? I myself is coming from Minangkabau root in Sumatra and till today my family is still practising a same culture with my root in Bukit Tinggi, Sumatra, Indonesia.

At the end of conversation with Aby , we realised that were  had a same topics in term of similarity problems facing by these  two countries. In 60ties Malaysia  learned lots things from Indonesia about education, science, politic and culture. We import teacher from Indonesia into Malaysia to teach us science and Math  but we learned very fast and applied it in our daily life and  stand  up to build up Malaysia. I told Aby that Indonesia is a rich resources country but it just a matter of mismanaged by a  politician party who run this country with a very obvious corruption practise until  into extend that corruption is part of culture. The only way to fight this virus, Indonesia need a new young blood of generation to clean up  the root of corruption from bottom to up level of people. The generation who love Indonesia. No countries in these world are free from corruption. It just a matter how serious it is?  Most corrupted countries came from most populated Muslim countries, the fact that can't be denied again. Why? when we start our life with materialistic and not practising a true life of Islam that teach us to against the corruption and clearly stated in Holy Book Of Al Quran Nur Karim. Both of us  agreed with the fact.

When I reached Amaris Hotel in central Jakarta, it was almost 1.15am January 24, 2013. Check in and Aby told me that sorry he could not entertain  me on the next day because he need to attend a lecture class for his Master studies. He gave me some information where to go and visit while waiting for Pak Rashid flight. I told Aby I was not interested to visit all  shopping mall. My purpose of this visit to see a real life of  MetropolitanJakarta with 10 million population compare to 2 million  Kuala Lumpur population. I just made a joke with Aby that now I'm a millionaire man in Jakarta something that will never happen in Malaysia. I mean millionaire of Rupiah which I brought with me. I would like to thanks Aby for fetching me at the Airport and Hotel booking. Jakarta I ready to explore you...................to be continued.

No comments: