Monday, March 22, 2010

LIFE : OLD ROAD Vs HIGHWAY


Last Sunday after check out from The Summit Hotel USJ Subang Jaya, I was decided to use the old trunk road to Ipoh.Even though I had to drive several hour to reach Ipoh but it was a memorable journey. The journey that bring back my memories those areas that I had been covering and servicing when I was based in Perak several years ago. The town that never changed since I left Perak. Tanjung malim famous with his special Pau with a lotus bean filling, Sungkai a small town with a row of prewar shop houses, Bidor with his seedless guava,Petai and local fruits, Tapah town stopover for a lunch and famous with his Malay food stalls selling authentic Malay's food near the Tapah town mosque, kampar with his Chinese salt chicken , Gopeng is almost a dead town and Simpang Pulai old town a row of old prewar buildings that have been vacant by his tenants.

Suddenly everything had changed when The Malaysian Government completed the project of North to South Highway. Since then all those towns became a quite towns. No more long queue at the traffic light near the Tapah and kampar town. Most of the drivers are more keen to use highway due to time consume. Fast and comfortable with high class standard of facilities such as Toilets and Food Stalls. No more jammed at the old road but it give us an alternative either to use Highway for the faster journey or take your own sweet time driving from one town to another town.

To me whenever I go back to my hometown in Negeri Sembilan, I prefer to use both road because I can save on the toll payment and old road as good as a highway. The only things I cannot speed my car and have to follow the old road regulation speeding not more than 90km per hour compare to the Highway 110 km per hour. Anyway both of them have an advantages...............

No comments: