Monday, August 17, 2009

LIFE : FROM SABAK BERNAM TO KLANG........


Came back from My hometown yesterday. I purposely took a federal Road from Manjung Perak to Klang after fetch my sister at her house in Sri manjung. On my way to Klang I passed through Sabak Bernam, Sg. Besar, Sekinchan, Tanjung karang, Kuala selangor, Jeram,kapar, Meru before entered the Setia Alam Highway and exits at Pedas Toll in Rembau. All these route had brought back my memories. I was born at Tanjung karang General Hospital in July 1962 and my father was a Policeman base in Tanjung Karang police Station. I still can remember till today, where every Monday my late mother would took me to Pasar Isnin near the River side to buy a fresh Veggies, fish and meat. The most special dish at this market was a Pecal that make of Nasi Impit, boiled Long bean, taugeh with special peanut sauce.


Then I passed a small Chinese town where my father had been based there at the Pondok polis Pasir penambang in 1972. All my neighbour were Chinese and most of them were farmers and fishmen. When came Chinese new years, my refrigerator would full and filled up with mandarin oranges. Since my neighbour was a farmer grew vegetable and we got our fresh supply of veggies everyday with lower price. I had to wake up as early as 5.00 am because my school was 24 miles from my house. At 6.30 am I was the first person to board the bus to school and the last person to reach home. Near my house there was a cinema, the wooden building with a zinc roof. Of course you would feel like in the hot oven when watching a movie in the afternoon show even though there were a big fans inside the cinema and couldn't hear the sound except a movie on the screen when heavy rains hit the zinc roof. The cinema ticket was 0.60cent a flat rate with the wooden chair with no cushion on it. I was there for almost three years before my father was tranferred to Pondok Polis Kampung Raja Musa about 16 km from Pasir penambang.


It was just a memories and today all these small towns had changed interm of development and lots of new building coming up until I almost couldn't recognise the sleepy town of Pasir penambang.

No comments: