Friday, April 8, 2011

LIFE : GRIK YEE MEE WITH EGG IN BLACK PEPPER SAUCE

 
I took my lunch at same cafe at small town of Grik Perak. I tried the Yee Mee with black pepper. Even though this is a Chinese style dried egg noodle but I'm not sure whether this is a recipe that originated from China but it's look like a Chinese food and cooked to suit to the local taste. It was cooked on a hot iron plate and served while the gravy was still in boiling point. Good to be eaten while it still hot. Today I could taste a varieties of Chinese dishes without any doubt of halal status due to more and more Chinese dish is been served and cooked by Malay cafe. This is what I call a rich diversity of culture where Malay dishes are been served in Chinese restaurants and Chinese dishes are  cooked and served in Malay restaurants. A unique culture of Malaysian.

No comments: