Sunday, January 2, 2011

LIFE : AN UNIQUE CULTURE IN KELANTAN

An unique culture in Kelantan. Yesterday  I went to Kota Bahru for a quick visit with my friend. So we went for a quick lunch at one of Indian restaurant that situated in the middle of Kota Bahru town. Even though this restaurant was belong to Indian family with Hindu believe but most of the customers were Malay Muslim , cooked by Muslim and served by Muslim ladies. A humble restaurant with a simple decoration but full of Football celebrities poster. I think the owner must be a fan of football clubs. Kelantan is the only place where Chinese and Indian are adapted to a local culture. This is the only place you can see a Muslim eat at a restaurant that totally belong to other races without any doubt of the food status. I mean halal status . Kota Bahru was been declared as An Islamic City so most of the foods that are served here are totally with halal status.  It hard to differentiate between them. You can see the unique of business culture side by side. One example that really a unique to me, after took a lunch I proceed to an evening wet market with a name of Pasar Cina [ Chinese wet market]  but most of the business were run by Muslim ladies and most of the customers were Chinese. This was a very rare scenario to me and you will never see it in the other part of west Malaysia.

No comments: